Tuesday, 3 April 2007

OUR COMPASSIONATE GOVERNMENT

The Home Office, carrying out the policies of our compassionate government is returning to Malawi some failed asylum seeking families stricken with AIDS. One such family includes a seven year old child who have lived here for several years in conditions of near destitution. Since being informed that their application has failed they have been refused treatment by the NHS, and deportation, due to take place any day now will condemn the family to death. The parents will die first leaving the little boy an orphan until he too succumbs to the disease. This will be inevitable consequence due to the lack of treatment facilities in Malawi.
Home Office statements that rules are rules, and no exception can e made are hypercritical in the extreme. They put expediency, and toadying to a certain section of "public opinion" before ethics or compassion, and this is not worthy of a government, many of whose members profess to be committed Christians. All I can say is if they can square Home Office policy with their Christian beliefs, I'm glad I'm an Atheist.

No comments: